meta-post: exploring the hyphen space of ultramodernity one blog category at a time
if you’re following me and don’t care, then ignore this. I just want a way to organize this online life while its still young.
basically, I post too much shit on here. not really worthless shit, but rather random shit. so I’ve made a list which is both horizontal in scope and vertically hierarchical in nature. below is an explanation of my layout and how to utilize this blog. of course, you can always ask me stuff or visit my about page, which is probably devoid of any useful information (sorry, that is life)
- A. MY WRITING - [theinconceivablemiddlepage.tumblr.com/tagged/my+writing]
this is the most important segment of my site. I am most expressive in written form, and my writing is what best represents me (and not only in the realm of internet, but everywhere). these may include substantial replies to posts, musings, ramblings, what have you. If you want the CORE of me and my blog, go here
- B1. MY CREATION - [theinconceivablemiddlepage.tumblr.com/tagged/my+creation]
this is a repository of visual things I made, including screenshots of films and stuff for now. there is probably not much in here, but some of might be interesting. (fyi, I like the really early ones of my bike, but no one looks at it, so whatever)
- B2. MY PHOTO - [theinconceivablemiddlepage.tumblr.com/tagged/my+photo]
ssia. photos I took. even less here. but original
- C. MUSIC - [theinconceivablemiddlepage.tumblr.com/tagged/music]
music posted to the blog. some is mine, some is reblogged, but its all music I dig. I am more into music than pictures, so this is a nice way to get into my head. this is generally the music that is framing life
- D. MY CONTENT - [theinconceivablemiddlepage.tumblr.com/tagged/my+content]
this is everything that is NOT a reblog. you’re welcome tumblr, this is all the shit that may or may not have existed within your world before I wandered along. this will contain all the quotes I joyfully mine, all my pictures, random articles and books I want to read or think you should read, and generally whatever. for those of you who hate the massive reblogging, maybe you can just check this out once in a while instead of following my blog. It takes a good bit of energy for me to make a post, so there may be times when this section feels neglected. giving shit about stuff on the internet can be too much for me some days, so I just reblog and leave everything else unsaid.
- E. REBLOG/EVERYTHING -
this is the last category, and won’t even merit anything particular. just look on my blog, and you’ll see everything I want to represent to the world. reasons and things I reblog:
- I feel like the internet is cluttered with meaningless crap, so I feel obliged to boost the representation of Important and Noble things. Thus, I often reblog stuff that I feel deserves more exposure. Most people on here see this shit 100s of times, but I always feel like maybe seeing it one more time will help convince someone out there that they should actually care
- I love it/great image/great feel/great whatever. We all love stuff, and occasionally I want to spice up the mood of my blog. so sue me. I’m not a very visual person in terms of my cognitive style and my goals in creation, so it really lightens my blog to have other people’s images on it. otherwise, this would be a long list of borges and baudrillard quotes, and no one would give a shit, then I would feel crappy and quit. if you want that, just save me the time and let me know.
and do you have any suggestions world?